My research interests regard areas such as happiness, well-being, and quality of life. I also conduct research in the fields of entrepreneurship, leadership, and social networks. I have published in journals such as Organization, Journal of Positive Psychology, Journal of Enterprising Culture, International Public Management Review, Encyclopedia of Positive Psychology, Social Indicators Research, and Public Management Review. I am currently executive coordinator of a Ph.D. program in Organizational Behavior.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Close Relationships
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Health Psychology
- Helping, Prosocial Behavior
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Organizational Behavior
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Persuasion, Social Influence
- Social Cognition
Research Group or Laboratory:
- Cunha, M. P., Rego, A., Lopes, M. P., & Ceitil, M. (2008). Organizações Positivas: Manual de trabalho e formação. Lisboa: Sílabo.
- Lopes, M. P., & Cunha, M. P. (2011). Connecting: O Mundo é Pequeno. Lisboa: Actual Editora.
- Lopes, M.P., Palma, P.J., Ribeiro, R.B., & Cunha, M.P. (Coord.) (2011). Psicologia Aplicada. Lisboa: RH Editora.
- Neves, P., & Lopes, M. P. (forthcoming). Comportamento Organizacional no Séc. XXI: Diálogos entre a Gestão e a Academia. Lisboa: RH Editora.
- Palma, P. J., & Lopes, M. P. (2012). Paixão e Talento no Trabalho. Lisboa: Sílabo.
- Palma, P. J., Lopes, M. P., & Bancaleiro, J. (2011). Gestão e Liderança de Talentos…Para Sair da Crise. Lisboa: RH Editora.
- Kaiser, S., Muller-Seitz, G., Lopes, M. P., & Cunha, M. P. (2007). Weblog-technology as a trigger to elicit passion for knowledge. Organization, 14(3), 385-406.
- Lopes, M. P. (2012). “Good vibrations”: The social networks of optimists and alter-optimists. Social Networking, 1, 1-12.
- Lopes, M. P. (2011). A psychosocial explanation of economic cycles. Journal of Socio-Economics, 40(5), 652-659.
- Lopes, M. P., & Cunha, M. P. (2008). Who is more proactive, the optimist or the pessimist? Exploring the role of hope as a moderator. Journal of Positive Psychology, 3(2), 100-109.
- Lopes, M. P., Cunha, M. P., & Palma, P. J. (2009). Case studies on what entrepreneurs actually do to attract resources: A two-route framework. Journal of Enterprising Culture, 17(3), 323-349.
- Lopes, M. P. & Cunha, M. P., & Palma, P. J. (2007). Giving out but not giving up: The Port of Lisbon Authority (1907-2005). International Public Management Review, 8(1), 31-53.
- Lopes, M. P., Cunha, M. P., & Rego, A. (2011). Integrating positivity and negativity in management research: The case of paradoxical optimists. Management Research, 9(2), 97-117.
- Lopes, M. P., Palma, P. J., & Cunha, M. P. (2011). Tolerance is not enough: The moderator role of optimism on perceptions of regional economic performance. Social Indicators Research, 102(2), 333-350.
- Palma, P. J., Cunha, M. P., & Lopes, M. P. (2010). The best of two worlds: How privatization affects the identity of a public organization. Public Management Review, 2(5), 725-746.
- Palma, P. J., Lopes, M. P., & Soares, A. E. (2012). Relationship among identity, image and construed external image: A missing link on acquisitions. International Business Research, 5(10), 115-130.
- Lopes, M. P., Cunha, M. P., Kaiser, S., & Muller-Seitz, G. (2009). Positive organizational scholarship: Embodying a humanistic perspective on business. In W. Amann, S. Khan, E. Kimakowitz, M. Pirson, & H. Spitzeck (Eds.), Humanism in business: State of the art. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Palma, P. J., Lopes, M. P., & Monteiro, A. S. (2011). The impact of objective and subjective measures of regional security on subjective well-being: Evidence from Portugal. In Eduardo Wills-Herrera, & D. Webb (Eds.), Subjective well-being and security. Springer: Social Indicators Research Series.
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Leadership
Miguel Pereira Lopes
Center for Public Policy and Administration
Social and Political Sciences Institute
Rua Almerindo Lessa